News

Hello again. Back from taking a few days away from social media so I could be a bit more productive. It worked......kind of. I also decided last minute to take part in Nanowrimo this year - because I haven't enough to do already!

I have been busy knitting some lovely new mittens and hand warmers using a different yarn. I like it but still prefer the texture Shetland gives to colour work. I have two pairs in Soak ready to block and there will be photos soon.

Yesterday I laid my stock out  to see where I was at because I am doing my first event on 01/12/18. It's a lovely mix of daunting and exciting.

Here is just a little corner of my work table yesterday as I laid all the lovely mittens out to just see how I felt about the quantity and also how the colours were lining up. I don't want to favour too many of one colour palette.

For now I am not going to update  my Etsy shop -  Sparrow House Knits - as I want to keep new stock just for the show I am doing, but I will share photos of new stuff, and there are still lots of
cosy mittens and hand warmers in my shop just waiting to keep your hands and fingers toasty this coming winter.

I will post more about the event I'm doing as we get closer to the date and as my excitement reaches totally giddy levels but here is a little teaser........

I will be at The Shoreham Centre on the 1st December from 10am to 3.30. It is a lovely venue and Shoreham by Sea is well worth a visit as it has lovely shops, cafes and beaches. Perfect for brisk seaside walks. There will be live performances, craft workshops, a raffle and tombola to raise funds for Chestnut Tree House, along with a visit from Santa and the Elves. Plus of course lots of stalls including mine. Come and find me and say "Hi' I would love to see you all. Add to all of that entrance is FREE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Laid Plans

What Price For Handmade?

Finally